8 Signs You Need a Break: Warning You Are Emotionally Exhausted
By Divya Toshniwal
Emotional exhaustion can lead to physical symptoms, decreased job performance, and decreased overall well-being.
Here are a few signs that show you are emotionally exhausted and need a break:
1. Disturbance in sleep : When you are sleeping too much or too little and you can easily identify the change in your sleeping patterns.
2. Physical exhaustion: When you feel tired for days and your brain cannot do anything productive.
3. Increased Irritability: There is an increase in irritability and anger issues. Even little things can hype you up.
4. Apathy: Apathy is a state of indifference. When you don't care about negative or positive emotion and your mind is all blank, it is a sign of emotional exhaustion.
5. Increased anxiety and/or depression: Constant feelings of being overwhelmed, too sensitive about things and decreased stability in emotional aspects of life.
6. Feelings of Failure: When you have a reduced sense of accomplishment and feel like you have failed or not done enough, it is a sign that you are emotionally exhausted and need a break.
7. Difficulty in decision making: When you are having trouble in concentration, deducing conclusions, applying logics or making decisions it's a sign that you are emotionally exhausted.
8. Physical ailments: When a variety of diseases like diabetes, high BP, frequent headaches, obesity etc. have started showing up in your body
To See More Stories: